Engineering, Construction & Operations (EC&O)
B4 Consulting - Your Go-To Partner
For years, the EC&O industry has been confined by disparate solutions, disconnected business processes, and redundant, error-prone data entry. Add to this mix an ever-rising tide of spreadsheets and it’s no wonder that many EC&O companies suffer from a lack of real time information on project progress, risks, and cash flow requirements.
SAP Business All-in-One addresses these issues and more with an end-to-end, project-centric Enterprise Resource Planning solution for EC&O. Powerful integration capabilities bring together on one platform functions for business development, engineering, estimating, building, project management, sub-contractor management, procurement, and facility operations.
B4 Consulting, the go-to partner for EC&O, accelerates the time to value of your SAP solution with an SAP Best Practices implementation approach. Pre-configured SAP Best Practices are built on real-world experience with hundreds of EC&O companies around the world. Out of the box, 80% of your business needs are addressed so that B4 Consulting can focus on configuring the 20% of those business processes that differentiate your company. Time to value is further reduced by our consultants who have implemented SAP at small, medium, and large EC&O companies across the business segments of:
- Commercial Construction
- General Contracting
The B4 Consulting team has delivered SAP solutions to companies such as ABB, Alstom, CTI Interiors, Jim Walter Homes, John Laing Homes, Kiewit Construction, the Minto Group, and Raytheon. This experience brings a degree of domain expertise that optimizes your implementation while further reducing implementation times and costs with minimal disruption to your business.
On a single platform, SAP for EC&O enables you to perform a wide range of activities, including:
- Business development for market and risk analysis and planning project timelines and budgets
- Project management from planning, scheduling, and project execution to contract management and project controlling
- Design and engineering of the entire design and engineering phase plus integration with CAD systems to enable ERP-supported computer-aided facility management
- Building to support site materials management, workforce management, equipment and tools management, prefabrication and assembly, and commissioning, start-up, and handover
- Procurement to evaluate potential business partners and relevant quotations and you can give suppliers and subcontractors secure access to internal functionality for processing orders, managing invoices, and updating specifications
- Facility and plant operations manage the entire life cycle of operating buildings and plants, and supports marketing and sales, property structure management, facility and plant maintenance, real estate management, and service operation
- Better control of project and corporate finances through integration of financials, business analysis, and strategic programs.
- Stronger relationships with subcontractors and suppliers with improved communication capabilities
- New ways to attract, retain, and manage employees by linking employee processes with business processes and support for multiple languages in global operations.
- Improved project management helps control costs and improve productivity
- Enhanced project execution enables you to optimize equipment usage, track assets, improve document management, and enhance partner communication
- Better change order management with comprehensive support for document and version management and collaboration
- Greater ability to seize aftermarket opportunities with partners, giving you the flexibility to capitalize quickly on new business opportunities
- Improved project portfolio management and asset management aligns information, people, and processes across the organization
- Better-integrated environment gives all stakeholders role-based access to the information, applications, and mobile technology